Official VeterinarianDirect solliciteren
- Referentienummer: 7471
Are you a resident of the EU and do you like to work for the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority? Flexvet is looking for:
For the purpose of an increase in surveillance and export certification of products of animal origin; Flexvet is looking for veterinarians on behalf of the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA). Are you interested?
- Before you start as an official veterinarian you will participate in an intensive training program. During this period you will receive salary (for 30 hours a week).
- Your training starts with an intensive Dutch language course level B2 during which free housing is provided.
- If you pass the language course, you will be admitted to the veterinary training.
- An online assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
- If the collection committee seems it necessary, references shall be obtained. You will be notified if this is the case.
- If you want to participate in the training program of September 2024. You will initially receive a one year contract.
- If you function properly, your training is completed and your evaluations are good, this will be converted into a permanent appointment.
We have job opportunities in variable regions of the Netherlands; guaranteed in the north and east. If you are interested, we sincerely invite you to send in your application as to get acquainted and to explore the options that are available for you.
The NVWA guards food safety and the health and wellbeing of animals. Your most important task as an official veterinarian is to protect animal and public health, animal welfare and to watch over the quality of (exported) products.
In this challenging job position, with important responsibilities, you are making the difference when it comes to protecting the wellbeing of animals in large, moderate and small slaughterhouses (red meat and poultry). Your duties start when the animals arrive. Did they endure the transport well? Do they look healthy? You are watching every step in the slaughter process closely. You are not only checking carcasses to see whether the meat is fit for human consumption, you also verify that all operations are performed hygienically and in accordance to applicable regulations, laws and guidelines. If necessary and desired, you take appropriate measures. For the export certification activities; you will visit primary production plants, animal collection centers for export and coldstores .
When working for the NVWA you get every opportunity to explore and develop yourself. That starts on the very first day. We won't let you start unprepared; we offer you a challenging sixteen month training program. That way, you will have all the tools and knowledge to perform your job as well as possible.
- You have an European acknowledged veterinary degree.
- You have a passport issued by one of the EU-countries Preferably.
- You have experience working as a veterinarian or in this sector. However, this is not a requirement. You can apply even if you just graduated veterinary medicine.
- You are a strong person, you can act firmly on behalf of the NVWA and you will hold your ground in tense situations.
- You have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- You are willing and able to learn the Dutch language at level B2 during a crash course.
- You have good judgement, are able to distinguish major issues from minor issues and can make fast decisions when necessary.
- You are willing to move to the Netherlands.
Are you interested? Please send your CV and motivationletter to email@example.com or contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel.+31535725548.
Flexvet B.V. Bouwstraat 5, 7483 EP Haaksbergen, Holland
Zodra jij je ingeschreven hebt, nemen we binnen 24 uur telefonisch contact met je op voor een intakegesprek. Hier stellen we nog een paar aanvullende vragen over jouw sollicitatie. Daarna stellen we je voor bij de werkgever en als er een match is, kan er een sollicitatiegesprek ingepland worden tussen jou en de werkgever. Hierna ligt het aan de werkgever of er nog een tweede of derde gesprek komt, en zal je bij een fijn gesprek en goede klik een aanbod krijgen!
- Jij bepaalt waar je komt te werken
- Doe ervaring op bij meerdere opdrachtgevers
- We helpen je op weg
- Ontdek wat je leuk vindt
- Uitstekende arbeidsvoorwaarden